Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Favourite Artist

The Mona Lisa Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man

My favourite artist would have to be Da Vinci. He was one of history's great intellects, inventing what he could not build, writing what others could not read, and thinking what others could not even possibly understand. He was an inspiring man, he designed helicopters, Leonardo's studies in science and engineering are as impressive and innovative as his artistic work, and he recorded all his ideas and drafts/sketches in his notebooks (overall about 13,000 pages of notes and drawings(WOW!!!)). Leonardo Da Vinci was an Italian, and a scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, painter, sculptor, architect, musician and writer. He is often called one of the greatest painters of all time, and in my opinion, the greatest man in the 15th-16th century (sorry if I offended anyone, I don't know many people from back then). There is a Da Vinci exhibit coming to Hamilton on the 14th and 15th of this month (BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL). I will probably check it out, at Hamilton Museum, and a guided tour is given, but you have to book!!! The exhibition is $12 for adults, and $6 for children. These reasons and more are why Leonardo Da Vinci is my favourite artist, and one of the greatest men ever!!! (not meaning to be sexist or anything)
Quote of the day: The truth is always a compound of two half-truths, and you never reach it, because there is always something more to say. - Tom Stoppard

3 comments:

Winged Hussar said...

i was gonna do da vinci then i thought everybody else would as well...

he painted over the mona lisa 3 times b4 he finished it :)

The Unknown Seeker said...

I've seen the real Mona Lisa in Paris!!
:)

Little Miss Room 18 said...

Oh My Gosh have you seen the Mona Lisa?