Saturday, March 14, 2009

Da Vinci Machines

I went to the Da Vinci machines exhibition today, and it was AWESOME!!!!! It was a really enjoyable display of some of his machines, categorized by Flight, Machines of War, Mechanics, Hydraulics, and Optics and Others. I bought a guide book that contained sketches, a description, and a bit about 56 of his inventions, plus a bit about him. The exhibition was great, and I would definitely recommend it. It is open from the 14th of March to the 29th of June (this year of course), although the tours are only today and tomorrow (14th and 15th of March ‘09). I liked all of the inventions there, but my favourite interactive ones were the “Archimedes Screw” and the “Fly Wheel”.

I must thank “Artisans of Florence” for creating this exhibition, and “Stainless Design”, “Waikato Times”, “Media Works”, and “Beca” for sponsoring this exhibition!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Located at The Waikato Museum: Waikato Museum; 1 Grantham Street; Hamilton.

Quote of the day: Who is more busy than he who hath least to do? - John Clarke

No comments: