Thursday, February 19, 2009

Shiny rocks

I am not the sort of silly person who collects rocks because they are shiny, I collect various types of rocks, and I am more interested in the way they were formed than how shiny they are. I do not mean to say that I don't like shiny rocks, but I do not want it to appear like I am a shallow person who collects 'pretty' objects. I have a large collection of geologic rocks, most of which are shiny, but this is just by coincidence. I weigh my rocks, and they weigh about 1.65 kilograms. I have been collecting my rocks for about 3 years now, and I have a whole lunchbox full of obsidian, quartz, granite (possibly) and lots more that I dont know the name of. My teacher has a box full of granite and quartz and hybrid-strange-rocks in our classroom, there are so many types of rocks that basic geology must be really hard!!
Quote of the day: A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works. - John Gaule

No comments: