Thursday, September 10, 2009

Term topic

Hi, I know I haven't posted in AGES, but I have been pretty busy with stuff, so I thought I'd bring all my readers up to date.
This term we are learning about entrepreneurs, innovators, and inventors. We have to design and create a product to sell at a trade fair between our classes in week 10. Sprint Gas Racing and I have been developing a set of tutorials that we are going to sell to people who need ICT assistance.
Now for some definitions. Dictionary.com says:

en⋅tre⋅pre⋅neur

–noun
1. a person who organizes and manages any enterprise, esp. a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk.
2. an employer of productive labor; contractor.
–verb (used with object)
3. to deal with or initiate as an entrepreneur.
–verb (used without object)
4. to act as an entrepreneur.

in⋅no⋅vate

–verb (used without object)
1. to introduce something new; make changes in anything established.
–verb (used with object)
2. to introduce (something new) for or as if for the first time: to innovate a computer operating system.
3. Archaic. to alter.

in⋅ven⋅tor

–noun
a person who invents, esp. one who devises some new process, appliance, machine, or article; one who makes inventions.
Also, in⋅vent⋅er.

No comments: